Color Correction & Transformation
What’s the difference between a color correction and a transformation? A correction is about “fixing” hair. A transformation is more about “changing” hair.
These services involve more expertise, time and product than standard color or highlighting. They can be significantly more expensive as a result, but not always. Some can be done in the same amount of time as a full highlight so the cost is about the same. It all depends on your hair. Corrections and transformations are priced hourly and your colorist will give you a price range before starting the service.
Hair Color Correction services require a $75 pre-paid consultation which is credited toward your service at check-out. The consultation cost is non-refundable if you do not proceed with the service. Occasionally transformations require the same prepaid consultation.
Hair color correction requires a colorist that’s seen it all and isn’t going to make your hair worse. It also requires someone that will be honest about the results you can expect. A major focus of many corrections is restoring the structural integrity of damaged hair so your colorist needs experience in this area. Some examples of color correction include;
- Clearly visible multiple grow out periods that appear as bands of different color
- Uneven application resulting in a splotchy or patchy look
- Color applied over another color resulting in multiple unwanted hues
Transformation services involve going from one reasonably well done color to a very different color. A few examples of color transformations are:
- Changing from black, dark brown or red to light blonde or platinum
- Most “mermaid”, “oil slick” and mutli-colored vivids
- Going from light blonde highlights back to your natural darker color (we call this a tint back)