“Decide what you stand for and then stand for it all the time.” – Clayton Christensen
What we stand for, summed up in our three Values:
WE TAKE CARE OF EACH OTHER
Perform little acts of kindness and support for co-workers and customers. Share your enthusiasm, knowledge and creativity. Work to make those around you successful, because a rising tide lifts all boats.
WE NEVER STOP LEARNING
Exploration and learning are like play, and work without play wears you out. Learning and playing are essential to growth and creativity. When the passion for learning dies, work can feel hollow. Practice lifelong learning so you stay engaged with life, curious, playful and relevant in the industry.
WE COMMUNICATE HONESTLY
Tell the truth, but don’t be mean. Transparency breeds trust and trust is essential for a healthy community. Communicate quickly and democratically. Communicate openly and non-stop. Never let an issue fester.
What we offer:
- A focus on education and professional growth with in-salon classes by national and international educators, plus monthly continuing education. Top level performance can also earn you classes at Goldwell/KMS Academies in NY and Toronto. Some of this year’s in-salon education included Masters of Balayage in-salon May 12, 2019 and international Goldwell color educator Rodica Hirstu in April. We also had international cutting educator Jay Mahmood for a full day in April and several other national level educators in this year.
- Proven career paths with high earnings along with educator and photo shoot opportunities for those so inclined.
- Stylists set their own schedules on weekdays. Saturdays are mandatory for stylists new to the floor because they need to build quickly. Once you’re reasonably busy, you get one Saturday off a month or every other Saturday off depending on level. Master stylists don’t have to work on Saturdays if they don’t want to.
- Medical, dental and vision insurance, paid vacation and 401(k) for those working 36 hours/week or more.
- Professional Growth mentoring meetings to track your progress.
- Company social outings.
- Participation in hair competitions if that’s your jam.
- Encouragement and help cultivating your dream clientele.
- Specialization, so you can focus on what you love doing most. We know that specialization, (cut vs. color), isn’t for everyone, but we also know who we want to work with—people who are really good at what they do, and we’ve seen through the years that people with passion and focus for one thing are better at it than people who try to focus on two or three things.
- A great work environment where people support each other. (translation: you won’t have to dread coming to work)
What we look for in potential team members:
- Positive life outlook
- Driven – people who take initiative in their own careers
- In love with the industry
- Serious about learning and growth
- A willingness to accept coaching if needed
INTERN ~ As an Intern you will assist senior and master stylists and colorists. Your duties will include finishing, shampooing, retailing, station prep and customer transition between cut and color. Intern colorists apply color and hold hair during color application. Your goal as an intern is to develop the skills and habits required to be successful in your specialty, (cut or color), through immersion in the day to day working world of a top performing professional. You get one full day each week of one-on-one education time with an educator. The intern program is self paced; duration will vary according to your skill level, work ethic, ability to handle clients and ability to get models. The intern program pays hourly. * You must be currently licensed in Texas to begin the intern program.
EXPERIENCED STYLIST ~ We hire experienced stylists moving from out of town or from outside our immediate market area. What we don’t do is hire stylists from nearby salons looking to move their clientele here. You must be able to work well in a group to work with us. Being a busy departmentalized salon means everyone has to work together, meet timings and have each other’s backs. * You must be currently licensed in Texas to begin work.