Looking to be part of a creative team of craft hairdressers focused on education and professional growth? Do you play well with others? Maybe we can play together.
What we offer:
- A creative team focused on education and professional growth
- Our stylists set their own schedules, appointment timings and prices
- Our stylists have unlimited time off and can block their own schedules without asking permission or turning in time-off requests.
- A good influx of new clients
- Support building the clientele YOU want so you don’t have to do whatever “lands in your chair”.
- Professional growth coaching to help you reach your goals
- Twice monthly paid-for education featuring industry names
- A safe, inclusive environment with low toxicity, sustainable practices and organic product lines
- Medical, dental and vision insurance.
Things to know:
- Our stylists charge hourly and the salon pays commission. If you’re new to hourly pricing, we can help you figure out an hourly rate based on your experience, how much you want to make and how much you want to work.
- Most of our stylists do either cut or color by choice, but you can do both if you prefer.
- Our stylists are continuously working to grow throughout their career. Learning and growing is a big part of our culture.
- We’re easy going, fun and professional. Our stylists take their careers seriously and conduct themselves accordingly.
- Family comes first here. Got kids? Commitments at home or other places? Things happen, we get it.
- We support each other and have each other’s backs. (translation: you won’t have to dread coming to work)
What we look for in potential team members:
- A positive life outlook
- A willingness to take initiative for your own career
- Passion for the industry and willingness to do the work it takes to reach your goals
- A willingness to accept coaching if needed
- A caring attitude toward those around you. Self-centeredness and huge egos don’t work here.
- An ability to manage yourself. We don’t like trying to manage creative people.
- An ability to adapt to change. If you’re not moving forward you’re moving back, so we change things up when needed.
How Hiring Works
- Start by filling out one of the short forms below. We hire all levels of experience from beginner to Hair Shiznit of the World. You can send a resume to email@example.com instead of using the form if you prefer.
- If you seem like a good fit, we’ll set up a zoom meeting to see if you like what we have to offer. This will give you a chance to ask all the questions you want.
- After the zoom meet, we’ll get together over here and decide if it seems like a good fit. We’ll contact you quickly either way.
APPRENTICE ~ As an apprentice you’ll complete a paid, accelerated training program while assisting senior and master stylists. When you’re ready you’ll inherit some of the people you’ve worked on as an apprentice, in addition to building your own clientele. * You must be currently licensed in Texas to begin as an apprentice, but you can apply prior to having your license.
EXPERIENCED STYLIST ~ You must be currently licensed in Texas to begin work.